By David Yount


“Can I use my home state business license in another state? I have a rental property management business in and I am thinking of expanding into a new state (Idaho). Can I use my home state license or do I have to obtain an Idaho business license?Can I use my home state property management business license in another state


Answer: Every state is different when it comes to regulating the rental property management industry. Some states require real estate broker or salesperson licenses while others have specialized licenses for rental property management. Most licenses are not transferable from state to state, so you would need to obtain a new license for each state that you operate in.

Idaho is one of the few states that does not require property managers to have a real estate license of any type. You may need a local business license or a state tax identification number. We can help you research and obtain any licenses you may need in Idaho.  Contact us now to get started.