By David Yount


“We are a pediatric therapy clinic where we do speech, occupational, and physical therapy in Wisconsin. We would like to order splints for clients and bill their private insurance. Do we need a DME license?Does a pediatric therapy clinic need a durable medical equipment DME license


Not being able to dispense Durable Medical Equipment (DME) from your office could result in a loss of revenue for your practice. Having the ability to dispense supplies to your clients is a convenience to your patients when they do not have to take their prescription elsewhere to receive those additional services. It is important before jumping into offering this service that you make sure that you are compliant with the local laws on DME licenses before selling any products to clients. The failure to be properly license could result in fines to your business or a tarnished business reputation. The State of Wisconsin does not require a Durable Medical Equipment License. However, if your business is selling durable medical equipment in WI, you may still be required to comply with other licensing laws at the state or local level

LicenseLogix provides a License Research Service that will:

  1. Identify the potential licenses that your business might require in every relevant jurisdiction.
  2. Obtain for you all the necessary application forms and compile a list of required supporting documents.
  3. Produce a comprehensive report for your records containing forms, filing information, and state fees.

Once you receive your license research packet with all of the applications you need, you can choose to fill them out yourself or have LicenseLogix complete the license filings for you.

To get started you will be assigned an account manager who will handle your licenses from start to finish. For more information on LicenseLogix services and how we can streamline business licensing for you please contact us by clicking our live chat function, submitting a question to our licensing team or simply call us at (800) 292-0909.