Nonresident Pharmacists Must Hold Nevada License to Dispense Dangerous Drugs into Nevada

With the recent passage of Nevada Senate Bill 408, it is now required that any pharmacist compounding or dispensing any prescription of a controlled substance or dangerous drug to a patient located in Nevada must be registered with the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy.

The board is not granting a grace period to licensed nonresident pharmacies, but will be notifying each pharmacy of instructions on how a pharmacist can petition for temporary registration. Per NV BOP, "The temporary registration is valid for 6 months, which should provide adequate time to allow a pharmacist to complete the requirements for full registration."

Questions? Please contact us to learn how LicenseLogix is your eyes and ears regarding regulatory compliance.