Telecommunications Industry Licensing
The telecommunications industry is rapidly expanding through the use of new technologies, and regulators are catching up by establishing new licenses for businesses in the field of telecommunications. You don’t have to navigate these new requirements and applications alone. Licenselogix will streamline this process for you and help obtain the correct licenses for your telecommunications-related business.
Although some states have deregulated the telecommunications market entirely, some merely require registration while others require full petitions with notarized affidavits, supporting documents, and submission of tariffs. Tariff documents outline a provider’s rates, terms and conditions for the services it offers. In addition to state requirements, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) requires registration and international authorization of some types of providers.
State telecommunications licenses require varying degrees of preparation and interactions with state officials. State filing fees typically range from $35 to $500 per license. Applications can take anywhere from one month to one year to be processed by a state. Several states require hearings as part of the certification process. This requirement can add significant delays in processing time. It is important to note that some states require that in-state local counsel be used to file the applications and represent the applicant on a limited basis to obtain certification.
Ramifications of Non-Compliance
The FCC and state ongoing compliance requirements include a range of regulatory assessments and reporting obligations. Most states require some kind of data request and annual regulatory fees as ongoing regulatory compliance. Requirements vary state by state. Failure to comply may result in civil penalties including large fines, and suspension or revocation of the license.
How we help your business:
- Our telecommunication experts stay up-to-date with changing requirements and forms so you can focus on the job at hand.
- You save money because we will complete the applications faster (this is our area of expertise!). You don’t waste valuable resources on license applications and on-going compliance.
- We ensure your application is filed correctly with the proper authority on the first attempt. Dealing with rejections can be time consuming.
- Federal Communications Comission (FCC)
- FCC Wireless Telecommunications Bureau
- Telecommunications Industry Association
CHOOSE A STATE BELOW FOR SPECIFIC BUSINESS LICENSING INFORMATION:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS
MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA WI WV WY