The watercraft industry is heavily regulated by federal, state and/or local authorities, depending on the specific type of license and the jurisdiction in which a business is located. Authorities are not only concerned with watercraft safety but also with the fair practices of businesses in the industry. In most jurisdictions, watercraft-related licenses are required for each and every player in the industry- from manufacturers, distributors, and dealers, to representatives, salespersons, and demonstrators. Applications for these licenses are often tedious and require extensive supporting documentation. Errors and deficiencies in a watercraft license application are likely to cause considerable delay in the issuance of your license. LicenseLogix will help you navigate through these cumbersome requirements and ensure that your business is licensed to be up and running as soon as possible.
Each state issues watercraft licenses through different agencies. Many states issue licenses through their Department of Natural Resources or Department of Gaming/Fishing. The first step is to determine into which classification(s) your business falls so that you may ascertain the appropriate application to submit to the authority. In addition to submitting the completed application form and correct fee, countless attachments and documentation are generally required. This may include anything from a surety bond to a sales tax certificate.
For the most part, application fees are $100 on average, but this may vary greatly based on the watercraft license type and state. To remain in compliance with industry regulations, each business must maintain its license by keeping up with renewals. In some states this may be as simple as remitting payment while in other states further documentation may be requested.
Ramifications of Non-Compliance
A watercraft business operating without the proper license (or with an expired license) may be subject to both civil and criminal fines, imprisonment, and/or an injunction.
How we help your business:
- We provide comprehensive research regarding the proper application to be filed for your particular business, as well as any additional requirements that may be necessary.
- We complete watercraft industry license applications efficiently and correctly, allowing your in-house staff to save valuable time struggling to obtain the proper licenses.
- Once your watercraft license has been issued, we ensure that you remain compliant with all licensing laws.
- Marine Retailers Association of America
- American Watercraft Association
- National Marine Manufacturers Association
- American Boatbuilders Association
- Passenger Vessel Association
CHOOSE A STATE BELOW FOR SPECIFIC BUSINESS LICENSING INFORMATION:
AL AK AR AZ CA CO CT DC DE FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS KY LA MA MD ME MI MN MO MS
MT NC ND NE NH NJ NM NV NY OH OK OR PA RI SC SD TN TX UT VA VT WA WI WV WY